At Cricket Health, we're building a transformative healthcare company that puts people first and challenges the status quo. With a world-class technology and clinical team, we're empowering chronically-ill patients to improve their quality of life, and building the next generation of health services.
We’re passionate about transforming the lives of people with chronic kidney disease (CKD). Why CKD? 1 in 7 Americans has the disease, but 90% of them are undiagnosed. Too often, patients first hear about their condition after they've been admitted to the emergency room for kidney failure. In the vast majority of cases, patients are guided towards receiving treatment in dedicated dialysis centers, with poor outcomes and a challenging quality of life. And this isn't just unfortunate for patients. It also contributes to health care spending of over $100 billion on end-stage kidney care each year.
At Cricket Health, we are putting patients at the forefront of kidney care. We build products to help patients manage their kidney disease, make informed decisions about their treatment, and connect with others that share their condition. We help the providers we partner with to easily monitor their kidney patient populations, and intervene if the need arises. But that’s just the beginning. We are excited to be working on forthcoming solutions that transform the full timeline of CKD care.
Our dedicated technology and clinical team bring decades of experience to this challenging problem. Team members have expanded Linkedin into new geographical markets, built some of the most used software at Twitter and Microsoft, and led kidney and dialysis programs for the industry’s biggest providers. We’ve assembled a world-class Medical Advisory Board that includes leading researchers and practitioners from UCSF, Stanford, UPenn, and UCSD. We’ve partnered with leading investors like First Round, Box Group, and Nexus Venture Partners, and have raised money from angels like Jeff Weiner (Linkedin), Halle Tecco (Rock Health), and Suneel Gupta (Rise).
We're constantly on the lookout for people who are driven, have a growth mindset, and hope to make a positive difference with technology. If that describes you, we’d love to hear from you.
Do you want to work for a dynamic, experienced team at the intersection of tech and health? Look no further:
- You will write a lot of code, we keep distractions to a minimum and focus on letting our engineers do what they do best
- You’ll collaborate with your engineering peers to make key architectural decisions
- You’ll work with the design and product teams to align on product direction
- You’ll make an impact on the lives of patients with chronic kidney disease
A Typical Week:
- You know how to read through a code base, understand it, and improve it incrementally
- You are an expert building complex layouts with CSS and HTML
- You are comfortable owning new features and systems with minimal guidance
- You pick up new tools quickly and use them to solve real problems
- You care about the small details, and have strong UX and design sensibilities
- You have strong interpersonal skills and a positive attitude
- Academic background in computer science or some field of engineering
- Experience with Backbone, React, Redux, JQuery, Handlebars or SASS
- You enjoy building infrastructure and tools to help fellow engineers be productive
- Experience or desire to learn Node.js, Web Sockets, SQL, AWS
- Experience in a startup environment
- Be part of an awesome, multidisciplinary team that is passionate about tech-enabled healthcare
- Dog friendly office in downtown SF
- Unlimited vacation days, flexibility to work from home as appropriate
- Excellent Health and Dental insurance, stock options
- If interested, please contact us with your resume and any other relevant links (Linkedin, Github, portfolio, etc) at email@example.com.